Join us for the aMAZEing Particle Show by Kurk Mumfuzz and Delain Canucci Saturday, 2pm SLT! Below you will find some suggestions on your viewer settings which will give you the best experience during the particle show as well as Landmarks that will provide the best viewing. We suggest you check them out prior to the show as well as arrive as early as possible to get a spot before the sim fills up and so you are there in time for the performers to cache their textures for you so you can see it optimally.
The particle show starts promptly at 2pm SLT on Saturday Oct 27th, with an 8 minute music prelude. The Show lasts approximately 60 minutes. There will be two Orange Starburst Particles Tip Jars out for the artists one on the ground level, one up on the cliffs. Please support them generously. The Calas MAZE Tip Jars are also out.
Particle Viewing Tips:
- Set draw distance at least 150 up to 250.
- The Region Windlight will be set appropriately but if you have not accepted it, use a Midnight setting (particles look best at midnight)
- Set Particle amount to max (use Preferences to set this)
- Zooming out may help the show run more smoothly for you – something to try – every computer reacts differently.
- Glow should not be higher than 2 (Also in Preferences under Graphics/Rendering/Miscellaneous. Set Render Glow Strength to 2.)
- Set Avatar Complexity on No Limit.
- Particles do not lag a sim, but it can slow your FPS – this is always client side – depending on your graphics card.
- Scripts can lag the server so please adhere to this for Scripts:
- Script Amount: 100 scripts max
- Script Memory: 3mb max